Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

TO SERVE AND PROTECT

You really want to exhaust the patience of a saint I have?  Tell me about how El Paso Police Department has ripped you off today.  What do I mean by this?  I was stepping out of my Mom's house in El Paso, TX and saw an officer "investigating" a nice gentleman that has been staying at the Opportunity Center and just like others that stay there, he keeps a look out on the neighborhood.  He was requesting to search his belonging without a cause; what a BUDD HOLE!  Earlier the man was just walking around one of  neighborhood alleys at 6 am, said hello to me and petted my dogs.  I told the officer, "this nice gentleman does nothing wrong in this neighborhood, I personally see him every morning walking to get some exercise." The officer asked us both to identify ourselves and I said, "What for Sir?"  "We are not doing anything wrong"...  But we both cooperated.  As he ran our IDs to check for warrants I noticed my Mom's neighbor not being able to start his car.  Once the officer was done checking my ID, the neighbor asked me if I had jumper cables.  I went inside my Mom's house to look for them and take them with me to help him out.  By this time the Officer was asking my neighbor for his ID as well all because he asked the officer to help him with jumper cables as well.  The officer told him that he could not help him; "SORRY"  he said.  I started to walk around the patrol car and noticed a slogan that reads "To Serve and Protect"  I questioned the officer about the slogan, "What exactly does that mean sir?"  He responded, "I don't know"  I proceeded by telling him... "Do you realize that your pay check comes from TAX PAYER MONEY and those TAX PAYERS are the man in need of jumper cables, my neighbor, who needs help to get his car started to get to work just like you are sir."  "Why can't you help him?"  "Isn't that what the slogan means?"  "I don't see you SERVING AND PROTECTING by asking him, the other homeless guy, and myself for our IDs to check for WARRANTS."
Needless to say he had no answer to my questions or petitions.  Is this the kind of cops YOU PAY FOR with your TAX DOLLARS in this city?  I'm sorry, but I don't.  You probably question yourselves how to go about solving this problem.  Well, you my TAX PAYER FRIEND have the right to call your local POLICE DEPT. office and ask for the direct contact to the CHIEF OF POLICE OFFICE or contact the CITY COUNCIL.  These numbers are also available on the Internet if you GOOGLE the City Web Site. 
Over 20 YEARS, my Mom and Family has lived in the neighborhood and the real COPS are the HOMELESS people at the OPPORTUNITY CENTER.  They have never broken in to her house, they always look out for the kids, and patrol the area.  So who is the real criminal in this situation?  The men taking a walk around the neighborhood alleys, the man that needed jumper cables to get to work, or the COP invading our privacy?  You tell me...
One of my 2011 resolutions is to provide jobs, shelter, and ammunition to the homeless; the REAL COPS :)

"TO SERVE AND PROTECT" EPPD is a Joke!

2 comments:

  1. Intresting how the copy did not lend a helping hand to the individual... Wonder if all cops are the same... correct me I am wrong but I think there was a courtesy patrol (sponsered by the police dept.) where you could call and recieved assistance for free... And may be it was the individual cop, I have seen some cops lending a helping hand to people... Helping people with a flat.... I know different but I was helped by a border patrol agent to fix my flat when I was pregnant about 13 years ago now... and a police officer told me about my tail light and gave me the opportunity to change it and did not give me the ticket... and my latest was a bad experience, where the cop unpurpose went five miles on a school zone, while I was going 10... He braked and he let my bumper barely pass his and he gave me a ticket.... So I would say depends on the individual cop... There are rude cops as there are nice and helpful cops... They are only human and just do their job and some will take it to the extremes and others won't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, damn cop was a douchebag, but yet again thats EPPD for you, im glad that you are spreading the word my friend, you rock!

    ReplyDelete